Sunday, June 15, 2014

32

I've really been letting this thing go....

Tomorrow is the summary trial. I hope justice is served, but we have contingencies if the system doesn't deal in it.

As a memoir, my argument is that, with a 150' distance to the intersection, it is impossible to yield the right of way to a speeding cyclist like what resulted from the incident. If it takes 2.5 seconds to complete a turn, anything over about 45mph will be an impact from the visibility limits of the turn, and that due to the damage to my vehicle, and the witness testimony that his helmet cracked, he had to have been travelling at excessive speed, because the helmet impacted two surfaces - the roofline of the explorer, where it punched in the frame over an inch, and the pavement after flying up 15'. Helmets are rated to survive the latter, so that means the former had to be an exceptionally hard impact to crack a helmet on something that gives a lot more than the anvils they drop helmets on for DOT certification for around 200 - 250g impacts.

Additionally, since there no skid marks, he obviously had no control of his vehicle, and his friend stopped well back without skidding either even though they entered the turn back to back.

David has been here for a few days and I'm stuck in the living room because he plays minecraft loudly and I can't listen to music with him in the same room. Marian still won't let me move her computer out, or let me move into the basement, or give me one of the unused beds...

Karen has been looking for work and getting checks from Roma. I fixed the car and got reimbursed. Got two jobs lined up for the next two days work wise. Still procrastinating that Lubuntu article, I really need to finish it...

Today was fathers day, and I cooked pork chops and steaks. Beef rub was ok, but for consumer grade meat making it medium -> well done is worth it. I diluted the teriyaki with water which killed the flavor, so don't do that - just make enough teriyaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment